Labor and Employment Law
The attorneys at Brewer, Krause, Brooks & Chastain, PLLC who handle these matters represent employers in proceedings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Tennessee Human Rights Commission, and in litigation arising from alleged discriminatory employment practices and workers' compensation claims. We have conducted onsite investigations into discrimination claims and provided guidance to employers in EEOC proceedings. We also represent employers in the arbitration of all types of issues under collective bargaining agreements including both disciplinary actions and contract interpretation.
We routinely represent clients in the following areas:
• Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
• Tennessee Human Rights Act
• Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
• Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
• Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADA)
• Retaliatory Discharge
• Occupational Safety and Health ACT (OSHA)
• The Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
• Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Act
We have conducted numerous investigations of claims of employee’s misconduct and provided employers guidance on better human resources procedures and practices. Our attorneys understand that timely advice on the front end can go a long way in preventing litigation against the employer. We provide pre-litigation investigation and advice to assist businesses with navigating the complicated world of labor and employment law.